Natural disasters are beyond our control. What you can control is how your credit union handles disaster recovery. Being proactive with a successful Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in place is the best thing you can do to protect your credit union after natural disasters such as fires or hurricanes strike.
Many credit unions find that their BCP fails to mitigate risks associated with a disruption of operations. It’s important to have a detailed BCP that clearly states the steps to be taken before, during and after a disastrous event.
This webcast will help you make your plan a useful document in time of emergency. You’ll gain an overview of the basic required components in a BCP as covered in Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines, and explore real world scenarios. In addition, you’ll learn the difference between a business continuity plan, disaster recovery plan, and an incident response plan.
- Learn the FFIEC Business Continuity Plan requirements
- Understand the differences between BCP, DRP, and IRP
- Transform your Business Continuity Plan into a useful tool in times of need
$350 Members | $450 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until November 15, 2018.
Already purchased? Go to the Online Training Center to view now.
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Executive Officers/Presidents
- Chief Operations Officers
- Executive Vice Presidents
- Risk and Compliance staff
- IT staff
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Join this webinar to learn the FFIEC Business Continuity Plan requirements, and understand the differences between BCP, DRP, and IRP. In addition, you’ll learn how to transform your Business Continuity Plan into a useful tool in times of need.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Management Advisory Services
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webinar date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webinar date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org.