2017 NAFCU INNOVATION AWARD WINNER
Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE: VNTV) is a leading, integrated payment processor differentiated by a single, proprietary technology platform. Vantiv offers a comprehensive suite of traditional and innovative payment processing and technology solutions to merchants and financial institutions of all sizes in the U.S., enabling them to address their payment processing needs through a single provider.
We build strong relationships with our customers, helping them become more efficient, more secure and more successful. Vantiv is the third largest merchant acquirer and the largest PIN debit acquirer based on number of transactions in the U.S. The company's growth strategy includes expanding further into high growth payment segments, such as ecommerce, payment facilitation (PayFacTM), mobile, prepaid and information solutions, and attractive industry verticals such as business-to-business, ecommerce, healthcare, gaming, government and education.
Watch how Vantiv supported Aventa Credit Union through the EMV migration process
Products and Services
Offers ATM, consumer debit, business debit and HELOC card processing, plus value-added services including, but not limited to:
- Lost/stolen support
- 3-D Secure/Verified by Visa, MasterCard
- Secure Code
- Fraud monitoring
- Stand-in processing
Our unique back-office management system allows our clients to perform real-time tasks, such as allowing new cards to be immediately defined and activated, blocking cards, performing the hot card function, changing a PIN, and making other updates to be placed instantly on existing cards.
Supports a wide variety of card issuance requirements, including regional and national network-branded ATM cards, debit cards (standard, business, and gold), Visa CheckCard and Debit MasterCard cards.
Our Complete Card Solution is great for smaller credit unions. We make it easy for you to get up and running by providing standard terms, etc.
Our Custom Solutions are ideal for credit unions who already have 10,000 account holders or who can get there fast. Your portfolio is unique. CMC’s strategic difference is our ability to be flexible and fully equipped to formulate solutions for a diverse cross-section of clients. We are much more than a third-party vendor ~ we are stakeholders in your success. Our technology solutions coupled with service to our clients is what makes us a valuable partner with your institution.
Full-service debit card-marketing program to enable credit unions to effectively promote card acquisition, activation and usage on a quarterly basis. This turnkey service utilizes direct mail packages to influence cardholder behavior, drive transaction growth and increase profitability. By taking advantage of this opportunity, our credit union members maximize their annual interchange growth, inevitably building “best-in-class” portfolios.
Our Merchant Services for Financial Institutions program is tailored to help improve your revenue streams while you assist merchants with payment processing capabilities. We provide the people, partnerships, and technology to you, so you can provide the expertise, access, and support to your merchants.
Provides access to most regional and national ATM, POS and EBT networks, credit card associations, fleet programs and a variety of other services. We provide a single point of settlement for these networks, thereby providing streamlined settlement and reconciliation across networks.
Our Command Center operators monitor ATMs, network links and other directly attached devices continually, 24 hours per day, 365 days a year.
Our systems have handled processing loads in excess of 1,000 transactions per second and can handle significantly greater loads. We maintain an internal response time of 0.10 seconds and a transaction response time of 1.80 seconds. Our systems are designed for maximum scalability, flexibility and growth.
- Control: Vantiv’s in-house processing systems and skilled programmers address your needs more quickly, with more options and increased cost savings. For example, our dual role as credit card processor and ATM processor enables you to accept credit cards, debit cards, EBT cards and check processing services through the same interface, simplifying settlement and increasing speed of authorization.
- Innovation: Vantiv has a history of developing some of the industry’s milestone innovations, such as the first shared online ATM network, early online POS debit and adjustment processing, and the first Internet-accessible transaction management system. From Internet research capabilities to the payment methods of the future, Vantiv keeps you on the forefront of payment technology.
- Stability: Vantiv's consistent performance, sizable growth, and asset size of over $106 billion are some of the factors that have made Vantiv Bank one of the largest transaction processors in the U.S.
- Technology: The experience, size and resources of Vantiv enable constant system improvement and evaluation. For example, Vantiv was the first processor in the U.S. to employ IBM’s Parallel Enterprise Server hardware platform. The ability of these systems to handle tremendous processing loads, even during peak periods, helps keep your customers’ wait in line to a minimum.
- Efficiency: Vantiv continues to set the standards for back office efficiency. Vantiv pioneered the development of online chargeback response, facsimile draft, and Internet-accessible back office management. Over the past nine years both MasterCard and Visa have recognized our commitment to customer service and presented us with Quality Service and Data Integrity Awards—a record unmatched in the industry.
- Reliability: Redundant resources in our Cincinnati, Ohio; Florence, Kentucky; and Grand Rapids, Michigan data centers allow you to enjoy maximum availability of your payment systems. In addition, Vantiv provides a telephone authorization system that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for use in case of terminal malfunction.
- ATM Support: Supports virtually every recent model ATM installed in the United States, and also offers a wide range of ATM processing features, including surcharging, mini-statements, stamp and non-cash item dispensing, promotional screen messages, Remote Key, EJ Upload, Software Distribution and many other features that provide the value-added services the industry has adopted.
Card fraud in the U.S. is a $7.5 billion a year problem and is forecasted to reach $9 billion by 2020. Vantiv's OmniShield solution manages and mitigates card fraud. While the average U.S. debit card portfolio averages 12.53 basis points in gross fraud losses, credit unions protected by OmniShield average 7.34 basis points, a 41% reduction.